AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank everyone on this forum for their advice and I pulled the trigger on the TV. I went with the 65 inch TV at 15 foot distance I think this TV is going to be awsome. It gets deliverd on saturday and I can't wait.

My only question is, should I buy the extended warranty? They want 500 for 5 years on this TV and I really don't have the money to swing it. I want this TV to last a long time. I understand things go, but again with this type of purchase would it be worth the money? Has anyone else who has this TV experinced any issues? My concern is I am going to buy the warranty and nothing will happen until the factory and extended are over. Thats what happened to a friend of mine who bought a 6,000 sony 61 Inch in 2001. It just went this year.

I plan to break it for the first 100-200 hours and go from there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it from pc richards. They were having a huge employee pricing sale. I was able to get the TV for 900.00 less then anywhere else I found online or locally.

I just hope I make the right decision by not getting the extended warranty. Hopefully if anything goes wrong it does within the first year.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrbob86 /forum/post/19544411

So, will you warranty his TV for $40?

I wouldn't think so - insurance works by statistics. He/she probably wouldn't warranty it for $400 either.

You can't be sure of making money insuring just one person. This is why individual health insurance costs so much more than group.

If you are considering an extended warranty, check out SquareTrade. No connection to them, not even as a customer, but they have excellent ratings at Reseller Ratings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts