AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some calibration settings for my Mits. 73735. I have been sifting through pages and pages of forums to locate some of your guys settings that you had done with calibration disc or profesional calibration. i dont have a ton of money cause of our lovely economy but I had saved up $30 for the dve calibration disc and holy crap was that ever above my head. So that was useless. And it took me a over a month to save that $30 up. So I am looking for someone who wouldnt mind sharing their settings with me. I know every tv isnt the same but it is someplace for me to start. Unless someone in my area can come over to my house and calibrate mine. My zip is 17026. I live near Harrisburg,pa I can buy a couple cases of beer for your trouble. A friend of mine owns a beer depot. So if any of you guys could please help me out I would be forever grateful. Thanks

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
TV sets are all different from the factory. Knowing someone else's settings is a start, but all adjustments to your set depend on things like the amount of light in the room, reflections, etc.

Bottom line is that you should pick one of your set's established settings - standard, movie, vivid, etc. Whichever looks best to you. Then tweak these settings until you get the picture you want.

Having an HD source - Blu Ray, cable, or sat is critical in making adjustments. Pick HD programming and look for accurate skin tones. If you can get skin tones right (for you) everything else will be pretty close.

Relax and enjoy the set and don't worry about the set being a studio grade monitor. You'll be amazed what a crappy job many of the pros do at making HD product, so even having the pro calibrated tools doesn't guarantee a quality image.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Your TV set will saved your PQ settings separatly for each interface so make sure that check them for each connections such as HDMI1. HDMI2, Component 1 etc. Picture Size settings are set and saved deparatly for each resolution received over each interface connection.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Having an HD source - Blu Ray, cable, or sat is critical in making adjustments. Pick HD programming and look for accurate skin tones. If you can get skin tones right (for you) everything else will be pretty close.

Agreed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.