AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I don't know what to do, I kinda miss the depth of the 4k and the blacks are great on OLED, its so weird, but it seems like it is missing something that I cant put my finger on , maybe because its 1080p.. The OLED kind of wow me a little bit, but not as much as the 4k tv has..the reason why I truly took back the X900b, it had a really bad banding problem, I think that is what the problem is called...But over all the Oled beats the X900b when comes too dark movies by far..

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
My best buy had a 2015 lg 4k tv next to the 55" lg oled and between both demos playinf, the 4k led blew away the oled. I believe the 1080p pixels was hurting the oled. Honestly, it wasn't even close. The 4k had more depth, more pop, and was much cleaner looking. 4k OLED's will fix that, but I can't get over thr screen door effect on 1080p tvs.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Now I don't know what to do, I kinda miss the depth of the 4k and the blacks are great on OLED, its so weird, but it seems like it is missing something that I cant put my finger on , maybe because its 1080p.. The OLED kind of wow me a little bit, but not as much as the 4k tv has..the reason why I truly took back the X900b, it had a really bad banding problem, I think that is what the problem is called...But over all the Oled beats the X900b when comes too dark movies by far..
You could upgrade to the X950B, which will give you full array local dimming for better blacks and brighter brights in dark scenes. I've tried to compare it against the LG OLEDs at BB, and to me the X950B looks better.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
I understand ,if you switch from Plasma to LCD ,you will definitely tell the black performance difference ,specially if you watch movies in the dark.

Many LCD owners haven't seen last generations Plasma in a dark environment ,they don't understand how hard is for Plasma owners to switch to LCD.

is your choice so pick which trade off.

at my viewing distance I haven't notice any difference between UHD and 1080p ,IMO colors and contrast have more impact to my vision than resolution.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand ,if you switch from Plasma to LCD ,you will definitely tell the black performance difference ,specially if you watch movies in the dark.

Many LCD owners haven't seen last generations Plasma in a dark environment ,they don't understand how hard is for Plasma owners to switch to LCD.

is your choice so pick which trade off.

at my viewing distance I haven't notice any difference between UHD and 1080p ,IMO colors and contrast have more impact to my vision than resolution.
depth of the 4k is something to be seen, I sure you, there is a big difference from 4k to 1080p, I thought the same way, but once you see it, I don't know if you could ever go back to 1080p, even if its a Oled.... 4k depth is outstanding, I just wish X900b was a full LED, but it isn't.. I'm going to save up for a X950, I'm going to take the Lg Oled back soon....

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
depth of the 4k is something to be seen, I sure you, there is a big difference from 4k to 1080p, I thought the same way, but once you see it, I don't know if you could ever go back to 1080p, even if its a Oled.... 4k depth is outstanding, I just wish X900b was a full LED, but it isn't.. I'm going to save up for a X950, I'm going to take the Lg Oled back soon....
Good luck! at my normal viewing distance colors and contrast bring more impact to my vision than resolution.

I already tried the difference.

also viewing angle ,motion resolution,color accuracy ,great color saturation without using dynamic or vivid mode are also my priority.

I don't want to make this another debate about pixels ,pick your trade off. Oled blacks or Pixels.

pick the panel that you think is better, is your choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts