AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one of a kind product that looks like a dual deck VCR according to picture, but is really a ReplayTV 3020 according to the description can be mine I guess if it exists. It came up on a ReplayTV search and the price was right although it did cost more than I thought it would, $40.99. Beats me what it is and I don't know if I can find out before I pay for it. I am sure no GoVideo ReplayTV PVRs were ever produced.

GoVideo 3020 ReplayTV PVR on eBay


Sort of like playing the card game fish. If it is a ReplayTV, I got what I asked for. If it isn't, I got what I deserved.


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,578 Posts
Maybe you should also get the Kemper Platinum Warranty so you can

complain that the product is not functioning according to manufacturer

specs and ask them to replace it with one that does :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
It looks to me like they were "boilerplating" a bunch of auctions, and screwed up by only changing parts of the ad. God only knows which item you actually purchased.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,207 Posts
Doesn't this unit have a few RTV features, as listed? I mean, it's NOT an RTV, but it does have live TV pausing I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by nilepoc
They sure want a mint for shipping.


ouch.
Yes but a dual deck VCR/20 hour hard disk video recorder combo with 8 second instant replay and Replay Zones button requires special packaging.


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
Maybe you should also get the Kemper Platinum Warranty so you can

complain that the product is not functioning according to manufacturer

specs and ask them to replace it with one that does :)
Somehow I don't think that warranty will cover not functioning according to eBay description. An $8 one year warranty for a $40 item is pretty funny. About all it could do is refund the purchase price which I assume would exclude shipping charges.


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gerhard
Somehow I don't think that warranty will cover not functioning according to eBay description. An $8 one year warranty for a $40 item is pretty funny. About all it could do is refund the purchase price which I assume would exclude shipping charges.
I was just poking fun at ESPs, not really meant to be taken seriously :)

There are folks who swear by these BB and CC ESP plans which were sold

to them as allowing them to return the product for any reason if it was not

performing up to par and getting an equivalent replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gusx
Does the serial # in the auction (329302001482) match with what a replaytv 3020 would be?
No replay serial numbers are 18 digits like this 0300021B0001CXXXXX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,143 Posts
Sure looks strange to me... I know a lot about consumer electronics, but more than one item from that seller is confusing me.


This is the stat that stands out...
1561 negatives. 1422 are from unique users
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
I have a newer model 4060 of the wide version go-video vcr shown in your picture. "Hi-fi * 4 head" is written on the tape input flaps on both decks of my machine.


Your picture is a 2-head machine without hi-fi stereo on either deck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JJON2121
I have a newer model 4060 of the wide version go-video vcr shown in your picture. "Hi-fi * 4 head" is written on the tape input flaps on both decks of my machine.


Your picture is a 2-head machine without hi-fi stereo on either deck.
I definitely don't want the VCR pictured, that much I know. Before I bid, I tried to find information on a GoVideo 3020 and did not find any evidence that the model ever existed. The only model 3020 I could find was the ReplayTV 3020 described in the auction. I have written the seller requesting someone look at the item and report the actual product and model number. The chances anyone will get back to me before I need to pay for it or have it re-listed is pretty slim.


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
Sure looks strange to me... I know a lot about consumer electronics, but more than one item from that seller is confusing me.


This is the stat that stands out...

1561 negatives. 1422 are from unique users
It is a buyer beware seller, that much I knew before bidding. The risk is supposed to be, will the product work?. The risk should not be that it won't be the product described. I have bought items from a couple of these liquidators and gotten good products. On one occasion, I got something that went from the shipping container to trash container without any attempt to repair it.


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
I suspect you'll get the VCR pictured in a ReplayTV box. The listing text was probably copied off the box or an enclosed flyer.

There was an Ebay seller who I think was the predecessor to your seller, dealing in returned merchandise. I had a similar issue of ambiguous product description once, and was able to ask questions and resolve it before sending payment. In my case the deal was broken and they relisted the item with an appropriate description.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by gbuskirk
I suspect you'll get the VCR pictured in a ReplayTV box. The listing text was probably copied off the box or an enclosed flyer.
I never thought of that, and that would explain what happened. The serial number would have been read from the VCR and the description of the product from the box. If this ReplayTV won't connect and download guide data, I don't think I will be able to get an image from Mikeyboy to fix it.


Chris
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top