AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Shuttle SG33G5 with on board HDMI. I continue to get Video Mode not supported on my Pillips 52 inch LCD. I am pretty sure it is a setting. I already DL'ed the latest drivers from Shuttle and it works great through the VGA connection.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There may be a setting in the bios to enable the HDMI output.

Is the TV the only display device? Whatever system you have, if it has integrated video -- it can likely only support one digital output (DVI or HDMI).

On my gigabyte MB, the video aspect of HDMI was working, but you had to set HDMI as the output (instead of DVI) in the bios to get audio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I found where to enable it in the bios and it didnt seem to have an effect. I think the video is going out because I get that error on the LCD. When the computer shuts down the error goes away.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Most likely you are sending a resolution over HDMI that your TV will accept over VGA but will not accept over HDMI. Try 720p or 1080i.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/15593429

Most likely you are sending a resolution over HDMI that your TV will accept over VGA but will not accept over HDMI. Try 720p or 1080i.

Why/how could a TV accept a signal over VGA but not HDMI? If a TV can run 1920X1080 over VGA, why wouldn't it be able to run that same resolution over HDMI?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
what's the model # of the tv? What resolution are you sending it? Anything else connected at the same time? clone mode or extended desktop?

Could be a few reasons why it doesn't work but we'll need a bit more info to come up with some other ideas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but personally, I'm running a Nvidia 8200 to a Samsung DLP HLS5087. I get no problems with a VGA connection at 1920X1080 60hz, but if I try and boot that same resolution on either the HDMI or DVI connection, no dice. I'll get a signal until windows boots, then some noise on screen and finally "Weak or No Signal".

·
Registered
2,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark_8 /forum/post/15603211

Why/how could a TV accept a signal over VGA but not HDMI? If a TV can run 1920X1080 over VGA, why wouldn't it be able to run that same resolution over HDMI?

Something along the lines of the TV uses different hardware to interpret analog and digital signals.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark_8 /forum/post/15603211

Different ICs are used for VGA and HDMI inputs on some TVs. Some older HDMI chipsets don't support 1080p - whilst newer ones do. It is entirely possible that a VGA input chipset will support 1080p, but an HDMI chipset won't. Unlikely on a modern display - but possible on an earlier one...

(In Europe some very early HDTVs sold here supported 50Hz and 60Hz via component but only 60Hz via HDMI - as early HDMI chipsets didn't support 50Hz...)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me last night when I was adjusting resolutions trying to set up my HDPC. Just had to go into safe mode, delete out the video card from device manager, and reinstall the driver when I was able to get back into regular mode.

Made sure I didn't select that resolution again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytt /forum/post/15603241

what's the model # of the tv? What resolution are you sending it? Anything else connected at the same time? clone mode or extended desktop?

Could be a few reasons why it doesn't work but we'll need a bit more info to come up with some other ideas.

I have a 52PFL7422D/37

I just downloaded the latest firmware (5/08) and will try that tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts