AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I started a thread about the need for an official written designation for Blu-Ray 3-D discs in order to avoid confusion with anaglyph; I proposed "BD3D." Last week on Buy.com there was an ad for the BD3D version of Polar Express with a very clear picture showing the BD3D insignia(it also has a somewhat different cover picture from the anaglyph version). However, when I received it, of course, it was the anaglyph version. Buy.com lists the BD3D version as "Blu Ray 3-D" and the anaglyph version as "3-D(Blu Ray)." Hence, when I called to complain I explained: "I ordered the Blu-ray 3-D, but you sent me the 3-D Blu-ray;" there was a silence on the other side of the call while they were trying to figure out if I was being cute or not. However, after I referenced the two different SKU numbers and webpages, the response was "why in the world do they do that?" Indeed.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalter0 /forum/post/19582345

A while back I started a thread about the need for an official written designation for Blu-Ray 3-D discs in order to avoid confusion with anaglyph; I proposed "BD3D." Last week on Buy.com there was an ad for the BD3D version of Polar Express with a very clear picture showing the BD3D insignia(it also has a somewhat different cover picture from the anaglyph version). However, when I received it, of course, it was the anaglyph version. Buy.com lists the BD3D version as "Blu Ray 3-D" and the anaglyph version as "3-D(Blu Ray)." Hence, when I called to complain I explained: "I ordered the Blu-ray 3-D, but you sent me the 3-D Blu-ray;" there was a silence on the other side of the call while they were trying to figure out if I was being cute or not. However, after I referenced the two different SKU numbers and webpages, the response was "why in the world do they do that?" Indeed.

They should send you the new resale and let you keep this one for free sine the anaglyph version is worth very little now. The postage for returning it would be more than it is worth.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/19582556

They should send you the new resale and let you keep this one for free sine the anaglyph version is worth very little now. The postage for returning it would be more than it is worth.

Mathew Orman

Not a bad idea; can I quote you?

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalter0 /forum/post/19583054

Not a bad idea; can I quote you?

Yes,

that is normal business practice.

They are at fault and you are only suggesting a way for them to save the hassle and postage costs. Also you do not have bulk mail rate discount like they have, so they will have to pay regular postage rate for you to send it back.

Finally is is also an opportunity for them to boost customer satisfaction ratings which also means higher sales and profits.

Mathew Orman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.