AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went over 1000 hrs. and "kaboom!" the bulb blew! After taking it apart to check for damage I noticed the glass piece(flat 2.5'x 1.25" coated) directly infront of the bulb was cracked by the force of the "explosion". This piece is followed directly by a prism assy. My question to anyone that may know is: What does this glass piece do ? I e-mailed NECtech to see if they will give me a part number/price for this and hope to replace it myself so I can use the extra bulb that I bought for it.

There is no warranty on this as I played "pawnshop" for a fellow worker in need. Where abouts unknown now. I hope that I don't have to have authorized dealer fix this as I believe that it will not be cost effective. I already cleaned out the debris and only need that one glass piece to get running again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Al. This glass actually acts like a prism, where the color changes depending on which angle you look at it. So it kinda worries me that it will cost a fortune! Not to mention having to send to an authorized dealer on top of that. This thing is in excellent condition and hate to have to part it out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got an e-mail reply back from NEC. This glass is a UV/IR filter which I have ordered and will now be able to finish setting up my HT room! :) Hope the next time the bulb bursts that it doesn't take this filter out with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.