AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sorry, I prolly could have read for a day and came up with a few ideas,,, but I would like a little advice if you could;

I really like my PS3 with a Ethernet connection to my PC that runs PMS,,, It does everything very well, from my pics, movies (MKV transcoded on the fly) and music (it could do streaming TV better, as that is a pain to get work due to Sony limits I think, but it's not something I do, I just tried to get a Polish TV channel (had subscritpion) to work for a buddy at work who also had PS3, and I couldn't figure out how to with with just PMS). But, I'm off topic. What I want is a lower cost wireless player that will work similar to the PS3 for the other TVs in the house. I will go read up on the WD live box, I think that is what is popular,,, Is there anything that will play streamed stuff as well as the PS3, wirelessly, as I don't want to run up Ethernet if I can avoid it (multi story house). Also, if not a PS3, what server should I run, my PS3 also sees the Windows Media Player on the PC, is that what I could use?

Thanks for any direction,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No suggestions?

Ps, After more reading, looks like the O!Play Air might be a good fit(?),, but I'm thinking about waiting to see what the PopBox (the wifi one for $US 149) looks like,,, Again similar to what the PS3 does, but I don't need BD, gaming, or anything other than a wireless media extender.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts