AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....why do they have the worst online shopping? Many members suggest loyal members should check out AVS first and give them our support, but looking for products and prices is next to impossible! Is this to allow greater revenue direction to the forum sponsors or simply poor web design?

Respectfully,

Jason

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Yes...we know. Issues is...it got to the point it was changing so fast in "deals" it was hard to maintain. It is a time demaind process that we hope we can do something about. But, we have just been so busy it is sad to say it has taken a back seat. :(

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I certainly hope you take my criticism as constructive and not as simply insulting. I am glad to hear business is good! Thanks for providing such an excellent source of information and entertainment! I encourage everyone to contact AVS for pricing when ready to make a purchase! Someday I am sure you will find the cycles to maintain a web store. :)

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Rest assured that our online store is being entirely revamped. It is a long process but it will give way to a much better layed out design, and much more product will be shown. For now, please check out our line card on www.avscience.com, and then contact me for any questions or pricing that you might need.

Until then, thanks to all for your patience!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Jason,

You will find that most of us who have been around the website for a while get into the habit of either emailing or calling Jason when we want the best pricing. That goes for projector people or most other "good" internet vendors.

Many of those who openly advertise lowball pricing have many many negative comments mostly relating to their failure to deliver equipment for long after they promise it. The reason for their problems is that manufacturers do not support retailers who openly advertise prices below a certain range and they have continuing problems obtaining stockon items with good demand.

It's not as convenient as having a website with tha lowest pricing but the actual prices combined with good knowledge, delivery and service are competitive with anyone.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carl,

You make some interesting points. I would only say that most consumers may not hang around this website, or upgrade as often, as you and other videophile veterans. The level of loyalty may not be as high for your more average consumer, nor the frequency of purchase/upgrade.

Regarding these other etailers. I do not know if easy web access to competetive pricing (lowball or otherwise) is any different then competetive pricing delivered via some other means (email, 800#, etc.), but I suspect competetive pricing ability is based more on the level of projected demand and inventory. So a manufacturer does indeed penalize an etailer for publicly advertised pricing which undercut "authorized" dealers by a given percentage, through slow delivery of product to said etailer?

I wouldn't say that AVS is lacking in good knowledge, delivery, service, or even pricing. I will say that the average joe wants instant pricing information when possible, and does not want to go digging through a website only to find a sales dept. email address. Maybe you can move more product with this approach, but I doubt it.

I would hope that competetive advertised pricing neither hampers nor prevents prompt service, delivery, and knowledge. Of course I am just a consumer and am not in the business.

Thanks for your insight.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.