Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is all :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
I LOVE MY PRINCETON TOO!!! :D

Which one do you have? Mine is the AF3.0HD.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Paul,

Yes it is a 30" 16x9. It does 720p 1080i and resolutions up through 1024x768. It has the Toshiba microfiltered CRT in it. I love it, it's amazing.

List price was $4,100 retail, but due to the state of the economy Princeton discontinued them and sold them out. They hope to have a new model with a built in doubler that has 2/3 Pulldown as well as a built in HDTV tuner soon, but no release date has been mentioned yet.

If you are looking to purchase one I would recommend Ebay, everyone else seems to be sold out.

Good luck,

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
You should try the AF3.0HD w/an "upconverted" 720p DVD via the RGBHV input: amazing!

Mine's over 3 years old now (and yes, I paid "thru the nose").

·
Registered
605 Posts
To find a calibrator go to the Imaging Science Foundation Website ( www.imagingscience.com ). Looked through the 'Trained-Dealers' section and select with calibration equipment. Remember to ask for credentials or references to get an idea of the their work. The Princeton is not that hard a of a set to calibrate and it calibrates very very nicely.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't know anyone would reply :)

I have the 32", though they just released flat screen versions of the 29 and 32" models, which like sweet. Really puts a hurtin on a wega. However, the linedoubler on the 32" models is utter crap, but luckily it comes off, and once again luckily my receiver upconverts to component, then i just use a component to vga converter.

:)

Oh, and the 36" model has a great converter from what I hear, as does the af3.0hd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.