AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While displaying program guid on the Sony Ultimate TV: If you hit cmd,-> on the key board, both the dish player pvr and the ultimate tv pvr (have same remote codes) will advance by 12 hours.

At one point, I thought I had it working. Recently, my Sony Ultimate TV pvr stopped working for 12 hour forward. I am able to get it to work for 12 hours backwards but with a few glitches.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=forward

had the identical discussion. I am restarting to get updated information.

Is there a way to program the Theater Master Mx1000 to do the 12 hour advance. I thought I had it working but it does not work anymore.

Using the key boad, if you press cmd and then the left or right arrow, the guid will move by 12 hours.

I have an IR reciver with a response LED to watch the IR emits.

My guess is that a cmd, -> actually gives out 2 different codes. I am unable to get this programmed into my MX1000.

Has any one solved this problem?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yes. I have it working for my MX-500 (haven't updated the 1000 yet) and learned PIP move as well as the 12hr+ and 12hr-.

You need to:

1) get remote into learn mode (away from keyboard)

2) hold down CMD on the keyboard

3) when you press , simultaneously put remote in front of the keyboard

4) release CMD and arrow when remote displays "GOOD"

may need to play with it a bit to gt it to work correctly 100% of the time. It takes some trial and error.

-NJJ

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NJ Jackals
Yes. I have it working for my MX-500 (haven't updated the 1000 yet) and learned PIP move as well as the 12hr+ and 12hr-.

You need to:

may need to play with it a bit to gt it to work correctly 100% of the time. It takes some trial and error.

-NJJ
Are you able to view the advanced code for this so I can program (JP1) my RS remote?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Staind

Are you able to view the advanced code for this so I can program (JP1) my RS remote?

No. HTM remotes don't let you do that. (Not even the new MX-700). I know they have been listed on this site before though by other RS remote owners.

-NJJ

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by NJ Jackals

You need to:

-NJJ
After step 3, it would beep. We have to repeat the command again. AT this point, I assume we have to continue to hold the cmd button but release the forward button. Based on the IR receiver blinking, I see no IR emission when the cmd button is still held down AFTER the release of the forward button. Actually,

a. when I press the cmd button, it emitts IR (don't know what that code does).

b. When I press forward button, more IR is emmitted. I am not sure but I suspect that there are two different codes being emitted at this stage.

c. When I continue to hold the cmd button but release the forward button, no IR is emitted (even though the cmd button is still depressed).

Since we have to emit the code twice to teach the mx 1000, I have been pressing and releasing the forward button twice while still keeping the command button depressed. If I release the cmd button and try to press both again, it does not work because the first press of the CMD button would emit a different IR (CMD IR which is really not used individually) and therefore the 2nd learning step code would not match the 1st one.

Using step b, I am able to teach my mx 100 a code but it does not advance 12 hours.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by audvid

After step 3, it would beep. We have to repeat the command again. AT this point, I assume we have to continue to hold the cmd button but release the forward button. Based on the IR receiver blinking, I see no IR emission when the cmd button is still held down AFTER the release of the forward button. Actually,

a. when I press the cmd button, it emitts IR (don't know what that code does).

b. When I press forward button, more IR is emmitted. I am not sure but I suspect that there are two different codes being emitted at this stage.

c. When I continue to hold the cmd button but release the forward button, no IR is emitted (even though the cmd button is still depressed).

Since we have to emit the code twice to teach the mx 1000, I have been pressing and releasing the forward button twice while still keeping the command button depressed. If I release the cmd button and try to press both again, it does not work because the first press of the CMD button would emit a different IR (CMD IR which is really not used individually) and therefore the 2nd learning step code would not match the 1st one.

Using step b, I am able to teach my mx 100 a code but it does not advance 12 hours.
audvid,

I'll give it a try this weekend. If I can get it to work I'll email it to you.

-NJJ

·
Registered
685 Posts
Actually, my UTVs are both RCA. Even if I get it to work, my RCA codes wont help you with your Sony UTV. Sorry. :(

-NJJ

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ACtually, I think the codes are same for all Ultimate TV recorders - just a guess of course.

If you don't mind, please go ahead and give it a try and let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.