AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some trouble acquiring a good av rack. I need 6 to 8 shelves. I've spent 20+ house searching the internet and cant locate one. I tried getting the studiotech ps-6 bs wich is no longer made and I can't find a used one. Studiotech told me about their hf-4 bs wit the hf-1 add on shelves. I was very excited and searched a bunch of places and they were all sold out then I found a place and ordered it over 2 weeks ago and they just emailed me tday and told me the no longer manufacture it. I've found a few other places that say they have it in stock but I need to call and check first. Any ideas on makes, models, websites, new or used in good condition? I would preferably like black and silver or black, mid quality, metal and thick glass, Able of being able to hold around 50 pounds, and at least 9 inches on 1 or 2 shelves. Preferably under $400

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually found a Sanus a few days ago by a accident and checked around and found the best price and ordered the ava 4 shelf rack and was going to order 2 efas audio expansion shelves to make it a 6 shelf. But come to find out they no Longer make the black and silver shelves like I bought, they only make black. I checked around everwhere and nobody has them.

So I called to cancel the Sanus because of the shelf issue but they had already sent it, and at the last minute I found what I was looking for: VTI AR406SB. It looks exactly like the studiotech hf4 and the Sanus but I don't need add on shelves cause it has 6, I actually orderde one though for future addons and so in the future I won't have to deal with the discontinued nightmare I've been going thru the last month. I think I'm actually going to keep the 4 shelf Sanus too because it will march the VTI( there almost identical) and I got an amazing price on it.

I checked a lot of reviews for the VTI and it seems like a very good product, I found no bad reviews. Il let you know the quality. Thank you very much for the info though!

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Also take a look at the Middle Atlantic "Residential Designer Rack", not cheap, but well-built, on casters, and uses rack shelf components...

http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/sa/rdr.htm

They can be found at some online shops (around $600) - be careful about shipping charges, though!

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.