AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. I need a cheap, as a console, 16:9 TV for a project I'm putting together for a friend. I am a CRT FP person, in my normal life, I don't like to look at screens smaller than 9 ft diag but this is different. Cost is important, I want cheap, 1080i would be great.

I'm sorry to ask this question, you guys are all avid buyers of the big TVs I know but where else could I turn? Those guys in the bulb forum would start a debate about why TI and JVC will never produce small TVs but if they did they'd show rainbows or have no cntrast... Can't handle that right now....

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Do you know what size your friend is looking for?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
What, did you post this on the wrong forum, who's an avid buyer of the big TV? If I can't sit 3 feet away from it, I don't want it! But that's only because I'm poor. Anyways, your cheapest 16:9 sets are probably going to be the Samsung's or Philips'. I believe Sammy makes a 26" that's like...$600-700 maybe, and also a couple 30"ers that vary in price, but mostly run around $850-950. The best, widely available, B&M deal I'm aware of though is Costco selling Philips' 30PW850H for... lets just say pretty cheap (can't give specifics, AVS Police will throw me in jail). Wish I could come up with more, but I gota be up at seven in the am. They got me working fifty hour weeks over here ya know?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Juan: Less than 30" in size.

Orta: I can't fnid the TV on Costco's website. Maybe it's an intstore only special. Don't work so hard!

R-S

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Look at the Samsungs, there 16:9 TV's start at 26 inches and are probably the most affordable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.