AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 5.1 reciever for $199.99 that does Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II. It's for a very small room, so I don't need it to be tremendously powerfull.

I know that Kenwood has some models in this range, but I don't know if their Pro Logic II model is $199.99 or not. I remember that it used to be $299.99 but it may have come down in price.

Has anything gotten really good reviews for a super cheap 5.1 reciever?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you want Pro Logic II you will have to spend just a tad more. Check out the new Pioneer VSX-D811S. Do some shopping around and you might be able to find one in the $250-300 range brand new.

KC

·
Registered
30,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony1
I know that Kenwood has some models in this range, but I don't know if their Pro Logic II model is $199.99 or not. I remember that it used to be $299.99 but it may have come down in price.
Anthony,

That $299 Kenwood receiver, the VR-507, has been discontinued I think. I'd seen it recently on-line for roughly between $200 - $225. Slightly over your price range but still worth looking into; especially if you can find it on some sort of close-out sale. The receiver sports 5x100 watts, s-video ins & outs, a 6-channel input, DD & DTS decoding, and (for 2 channel sources) Pro Logic II and Circle Surround processing. Quite a bit for the money.

Good Luck,

Sanjay

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The Pioneer VSXB411 is $179.00 at BB and does DD 5.1, DTS. and DPL2. It is rated at 100 wpc x5.

Personally I would recommend you try to stretch your budget to $300.00 and buy a Denon 1602 on Ebay.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Stretch the budget, go Denon!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.