AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a program to backup my DVDs onto my Hard Disk. The program should atleast have the following features :

1) ability to rip only the main movie with an option to select / deselect individual chapters

2) ability to create VOB files of any user defined size rather than of 1 GB

3) ability to create "playable" directories which can be played directly in players like powerDVD or zoom player

DVD Shrink can do option 1 & 3 , while DVD decrypter can do option 1 & 2. I need a program which supports all 3 features. Alternatively, is there any way to make the directory ripped by DVD decrypter playable directly in players.

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
Doing 2 is dangerous as some players don't support VOBs over 1GB since the DVD spec limits them such. Also I believe you can turn off VOB splitting in DVD Shrink if you want to press your luck.

Re DVD Decrypter, there's nothing special you have to do, but you do have to rip ALL the files in file mode, DVD decrypter doesn't rebuild IFOs so you must retain ALL the files for the resulting rip to be playable. Also some players require the VIDEO_TS directory to be present.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.