AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions. I need a high quality mini ccd pinhole camera. Something like this

I want it to be under $100. This is going in a drywall ceiling over a cash register. I want the hole that I have to drill for it to be absolutely tiny, as I don't want anyone to know it is there. Wired is preferred. I can easily run the cables where I need them.

There are so many like this out there, but so few videos that show the quality of the cameras. Does anyone have any experience with these and any recommendations? Thanks!

· Registered
471 Posts
from what I've fathered you should look into a bullet cam with a 'pin hole' type lens. High quality, low lux required, with small opening required can be had. Sony seems to make some good ones for the money. I plan to implement a couple at a friends business, keep the thieving bartenders away

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I'm looking at the specs, what does for example a 3.6mm lens mean? Does that mean that the lens is actually 3.6mm in diameter and that's the size hole I should have drilled for it?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's one I'm looking at now with specs of:

CCD VIDEO CAMERA

Pick-up Device: 1/3" B/W CCD

Horizontal definition: 420 TV lines

Picture element(pixeles) E: 290k C:320k

Minimum illumination: 0.1 LUX at F 1.4

Synchronizing system: lnternal

Scanning system: 2:1 lnterlaced

Video output: 1Vp-p 75 ohm composite

S/N Ratio(AGC off): More than 50 dB

Electronic iris(Auto): 1/50,1/60-1/100.000sec.

Gamma correction: r 0.45

Gain control Auto: 4dB-30dB

B.L.C: 2800k-8200k

MTBF 80,000 hours

Power source DC12V(Tolerence:9v-15v)

Operating current: 90mA w/regulated power in

Lens mount Standard: f=3.6(92°),f=3.7(90°)

· Registered
102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittoz /forum/post/16845435

When I'm looking at the specs, what does for example a 3.6mm lens mean? Does that mean that the lens is actually 3.6mm in diameter and that's the size hole I should have drilled for it?

I think that is likely to be the focal length, which in combination with the size of the imaging chip tells you the field of view. (A 3.6mm lens is about the widest angle available, usually a "fisheye" type.) The diameter, if specified, would be a separate number, but it is often not specified for these types of lenses.

· Registered
6,194 Posts
Ask the dude who illegally shot that Erin Andrews video!

(bad joke)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.