AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: I need a new remote for the 2000 series Replay unit. Want the original style, not programmed RS. I suppose I can get one from Panasonic but I thought there might be some lurking about here.

Thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
I bought mine for my show-stopper since my remote went to the same place as odd socks go. I got it from Panansonic and it was $50 :-(

Has anyone found a "universal" remote or X!0 remote that has the 'codes' built in. A learning remote will be the best solution but only if you can "BORROW" an original. I'd buy a learning remote and go to best buy or CC and use one of theirs to learn the codes ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not sure if this helps or not !!!

---------------

Staff Writer, CNET News.com

October 23, 2002, 1:28 PM PT

Universal Electronics announced Wednesday that consumer electronics maker Sonicblue is using its remote control technology in ReplayTV 5000 digital video recorders. The DVRs will come with a remote control and embedded connectivity software allowing them to send commands to cable and satellite set-top boxes.

Cypress, Calif.-based Universal Electronics provides manufacturers with a database of infrared codes for more than 130,000 functions for devices from 1,500 consumer electronics brands.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by franc11s
Has anyone found a "universal" remote or X!0 remote that has the 'codes' built in. A learning remote will be the best solution but only if you can "BORROW" an original. I'd buy a learning remote and go to best buy or CC and use one of theirs to learn the codes ;)
It seems all the new (and cheap) Phillips Magnavox universal remotes have Replay codes built right in. It has all the pre-4000 codes, but doesn't have commercial advance, bypass or PVR/DVR (like anyone actually uses it). Anyhow, the cheap models run about $10 and the ones with learning run about $15+. I've seen these at CC, Walmart and Target (and I'm sure BB, but I haven't looked).

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by st63z
Incidentally, how much does SB charge for extra 4xxx remotes? I want to buy a couple of extras.
Not sure, but with their popularity I'm sure most 4K users will pay you to take them off their hands :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the "one-for-all" model #8910 from hififorless.com It was $26.99. (the exact model sells for $59.99 @ circuit city) It works great with my pv-hs2000. It learned the "quick-skip" pronto, and works better than the old original remote.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Kinda on/off topic, I have a feeling that my girlfriend is gonna get me a Home Theater Master MX500. For any of you that have it, what functions did you assign to which buttons? i.e. Did you leave as record or exit?

·
Registered
99 Posts
My wife pushed me into getting from 7 remotes down to 1. The Home Theater Master MX500 does it all and well. You'll be happy.

I programed the LCD area with quckskip, input, record, skip comerial (on/off), Replay Guide (recorded shows).

·
Registered
154 Posts
i also just got the one4all URC 8910 - because I ran out of memory on my RCA 810. Both had pre-programmed codes that work with my Replay 4504. I only had to learn a couple buttons onto them.

The 8910 is nice, cause you can move buttons that are pre-mapped to other buttons w/o having to waste learning space. Its also got 2 FF and 2 Rev (used by CD players as track advance and reuglar FF) - so I mapped those extra FF & Rev as Commercial advance & instant replay. Had to stick the replay guide button on the menu button though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.