AVS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, it just came in. I don’t have a clue how to install it. See picture

Where do I connect the wires to, and where do I need to put the wire for the LED light?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is a picture of the housing

·
Registered
8 Posts
See attached pic.

1) Orange Circles- Disconnect the speaker leads/wire that came with amp, then plug in the existing ones in enclosure you pictured.
2) Yellow Circle - Connect the LED light cable into that white connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you so much guys! It’s done, it was like 10 minutes of work in total. I’ve tested the sub and it works, including the led light.

Tomorrow a long coax cinch cable will arrive (20meter) and I can finally setup the two monsters with Audyssey. The setup would be the second challenge!

·
Registered
124 Posts
IMhizzle, I have the same sub and my amp died too. Is the amp you bought a direct drop in replacement? Holes lined up correctly, etc..? Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
IMhizzle, I have the same sub and my amp died too. Is the amp you bought a direct drop in replacement? Holes lined up correctly, etc..? Thanks.

Crazy necro - but yes, it's legitimately the same plate amp the sub ships with.

·
Registered
16,833 Posts
Crazy necro - but yes, it's legitimately the same plate amp the sub ships with.

If you follow the link posted in post#14 (see below) it says the exact R-115SW replacement is back-ordered (likely, forever) but offers a link to an SPL-150 amp which it says can work as a direct replacement. No idea about the holes lining up perfectly but it appears maybe so.

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-1061056-r-115sw-amplifier/

edit: I see that someone in the comments section for the SPL-150 amp claims that there is a 1" size difference between the 2 amps. No idea whether that is correct or not, though. Seems they might be assuming that based upon the posted photos, though. They appear to me (as best I can tell) to be the same size in the photos.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If you follow the link posted in post#14 (see below) it says the exact R-115SW replacement is back-ordered (likely, forever) but offers a link to an SPL-150 amp which it says can work as a direct replacement. No idea about the holes lining up perfectly but it appears maybe so.

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-1061056-r-115sw-amplifier/

edit: I see that someone in the comments section for the SPL-150 amp claims that there is a 1" size difference between the 2 amps. No idea whether that is correct or not, though. Seems they might be assuming that based upon the posted photos, though. They appear to me (as best I can tell) to be the same size in the photos.
They are exactly the same size, and the spl-150 amp fits perfectly in the R-115SW cabinet.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They are exactly the same size, and the spl-150 amp fits perfectly in the R-115SW cabinet.

That’s what I was about to post. I have two of them now. And they work perfectly.

Reactions: sivadselim

·
Registered
124 Posts
For anyone else, I bought this replacement and it was a perfect fit. No more than 10 minutes to replace.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts