AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 27 inch wega, a small wooden box holding the tv and a center channel that need as nice spot.

my center speaker

i tried placing it on top of the set but it seems to put too much strain on the cabinet and television in general,

i use an omni cc center and it weighs a hefty 25lbs, it spans almost the entire diameter of my television!

so i was looking into purchasing a tv stand that can help accomodate the center better, im lookint into tv stands that have a built in top shelf above the television, so i can rest the center.

i cant place this center channel in a shelf because its omni polar and disperses sound upwards creating something similar to a sound bubble so if i were to place it in a shelf with a ceiling itd hinder the performance greatly.

can anyone recommend a tv/entertainment center that can acommodate the center channel? i was look at this one

rta entertainment center

but i would prefer something black, i was thinking about placing the speaker on the top shelf of that unit, but it may be too high

can anyone else recomment a different solution?

thanks for your time, any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Why does it "seem to put too much strain on the cabinet and television in general"? Does the picture distort or something? I'd keep it up there or put it on a small speaker stand below and in front of the screen before getting suckered into an entertainment center. I had an entertainment center once, they always end up limiting you in the future unless you lose the entertainment center when you upgrade the TV.

You might want to try some auralex Mo-Pads under the center speaker on your TV. It might work...

Sorny

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey sorny!

well, it does not distort the picture at all, what bothers me is the static pops the tv makes, i know that its normal,(my set is about 5 years old) and everytime i turn off the televesion, faint static pops go off as it settles,

but when i leave my speaker on top of the television, the static pops are dramatically louder and the whole thing lasts 2 times as long, im thinking its either the extra weight of the speaker straining the tv, or the extra mass thats within the television static field a la huge center speaker retaining more static electricity, either way it disturbs me. so id rather have it away from the television :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Silly reason, but you gots to do what you gots to do... :D

How about building your own custom stand that would place the CC just slightly in front of and below the TV screen? That would really anchor the action to the screen, IMHO.

Good luck finding a solution...

Sorny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.