AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to find someone to build me a sub box with amp etc along with the new 5400 LMS driver from TC Sounds (or 2) or open for suggestions. From what I have been reading this is the driver to have. I am very DIY challenged and I meen very. My thoughts are rather than spending $2000-$3000 on a commercial sub this might get "better" results. Size of the box is really not an issue. I currently have a Seaton Submersive so I was hoping to maybe integrate the 2. I also have an antimode 8033 not sure if that helps or not. I live in AZ so the closer the better for shipping reasons.

·
Registered
637 Posts
We do have the new 5400 available in our new FW18.0, the prices even with shipping to the US I feel are quite reasonable considering how great these drivers are.

Btw; We are playing with the 5100 as well, and depending on the application, it offers some serious low end, surprisingly comparable to the 5400, but significantly better midbass.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrager /forum/post/18295572

If you own a battery powered screw driver, you can build a DTS-10.

I second this. Even 1 DTS-10 shipped, built, finished, amplified, for $1500ish give or take $100 depending on amp choice will rock your world man and embaress the seaton
. It really is simple to build. The panels come dadoed and its pretty much self explanatory from there. Id buy two of those if you can fit that would be the only issue! Then slap some paint on them and sell your submersive to recoop some of the cash. The DTS-10 will do whatever you want music, movies, massage your organs, and mix drinks from the intensely high output lol need i go on?

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
my thoughts are look up a guy called maxmercy. ask him to design a tapped horn for you using the jbl 15gti mkii with a 25hz corner. a pair of them should knock your eyeballs out of your eye sockets. relatively cheap build too.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Waves /forum/post/18296044

We do have the new 5400 available in our new FW18.0, the prices even with shipping to the US I feel are quite reasonable considering how great these drivers are.

Btw; We are playing with the 5100 as well, and depending on the application, it offers some serious low end, surprisingly comparable to the 5400, but significantly better midbass.

That is interesting on all accounts.

Commercial offerings of the best TC drivers, and the new 5100 is the real deal.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Your Submersive is an excellent sub in it's own right.

How bout YOU trying to build the sealed box for the 5400?

All you need is a square box made out of 3/4 inch birch plywood or MDF plus bracing for the box and a PEAVEY IPR 1600 amp for power.

There are several 5400 projects using sealed boxes over on Home Theater Shack.

Your Antimode should work for both I think, not sure.

That small listening room you have, would just about split apart using both of those subs to pressurize it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where is the best place to get the Danley 10? It appears that you cant buy direct???? Another point besides me being DIY incompatant is my time is lacking,between 3 kids and work is there anyone fairly close to Az that would be willing to put one of these together for me as a will make it worth the efforts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You order the dts-10 kit direstly from danley. You give them a call and let them know you want it. It should be as easy as that. Ahhh you don't have to be DIY savy to assembler a dts-10. If you can put together a shelving unit or anything with instructions and screws for that matter you can knock out a dts-10. I don't know of any guys in the AZ area off the top of my head. There's a fella on these forums called lennon68 or something very close to that, that has a link in his signature to a DIY member master map haha. If anyone in AZ has signed up on it you can get their info and email/PM them with your proposition. I'm in kansas or else I'd jump all over this! I have been wanting to get my hands on a DTS-10 for a comparison against my THT heck all of us are dieing for a comparison for that matter! But look for some post by that guy I mentioned to see his signature.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18301089

There's a fella on these forums called lennon68 or something very close to that, that has a link in his signature to a DIY member master map haha.

Hey, that's me (and I've even posted in this thread). Funny, when I saw he was in AZ I went to check the map and then refer him to it. What I found was that Platial (the site that had the map on it) is all gone now
Fortunately they transferred all of their data to some other mapping site called geocommons so I went there, downloaded the map, then re-created it. Suddenly I had all kinds of other people on my map... long story short I managed to get all of the "extra" people removed and just the people from the original map. It's not nearly as cool as the other one (although I haven't gotten a chance to mess with it much, maybe it does all the same stuff). I'm going to hold off on linking to it until I can figure out how to use this geocommons site better...

Anyway, I do have the map restored and looked. I found two AVS DIY'ers in AZ (and if they're on this map then that means they're probably up for helping someone else with a DIY project - especially if it gives them a chance to check out a DTS10
). The are:

aduljr (near Phoenix)

MANTI5 (way in the south near Sierra Vista)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
LOL, i was on my phone so i didnt even notice at the time you had posted in here! Ive probably sent him on a wild chase for nothing. Ive seen that MANTI5 fella around before. But the other guy never heard of but that doesnt mean he wouldnt give a hand!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts