AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The system I need is actually for a quad that has limited arm movement in one arm. When in bed he won't be able to move and talk for sure and maybe not even when in his chair. He needs an always on intercom but that you can talk from the other one also. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
If no luck here at AVS, post at remotecentral.com custom installers lounge forum, and explain the situation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently installed an On-Q system. I liked it alot for a simple intercom

the units fit in a 2gang box and after a call is made to a room. the far end unit has a hands free window of 10-15sec. you can also set any zone to monitor.

set up is easy and they only use 1 cat5e to a can mounted switch audio and power of 1 cat5e.

I havent done a ton of icoms but I liked this one.

http://www.nuwave-audio.com/onqic540...Fd1L5Qod82yInA

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to really take a look at it more thoroughly. It looks pretty nice though. Is it on at his side so he can talk any time he wants without pushing a button? When he is in bed in the evening there is no way for him to call to someone unless it is on. Then it needs to be able to let the person on the other side answer back when his side is on.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have no idea what functions your quad is capable of, which could certainly be a limitation.... My question is, since the OnQ system uses CAT5 only, could you install it close enough to the bed for him to be able to touch the panel?

·
Registered
21 Posts
with the on-q any zone can be set to "moniter" mode and all other zones will hear it all the time any response will be triggered by a button press from other zones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts