AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a cheap 3 in/ 1 out optical switch now, Not real happy with the fit of the cables and when I switch them I have to wiggle the cables around otherwise it crackles and pops like nobody's business.. Its a total PITA. I would like to find something a little better maybe even possibly something with a remote but not totally break the bank. I currently have a PS3, Xbox 360 and my sat rec running in to the switch then it goes into my surround.... I need help plz

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Monoprice.com has one possible solution:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

It's only $6.34 plus shipping.

How many inputs does your reciever have? If it has a couple free coaxial audio inputs, you could try a couple of these as an alternative:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Note that while the output of this looks like an RCA out, you need to plug it into a digital input (usually orange) on your reciever. If you plug it into an analog input, it will not work, and could damage your equipment.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im using an LG LH-T9654 and it appears to not have any coaxial inputs at all...

JChin, the link you posted looks like it might be exactly what im needing if I could run my 3 opticals in to it then run 1 out of it to my surround. Is there anyway to get pictures of the back of that unit???

·
Registered
9,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPsharpshooter /forum/post/19535100

Im using an LG LH-T9654 and it appears to not have any coaxial inputs at all...

JChin, the link you posted looks like it might be exactly what im needing if I could run my 3 opticals in to it then run 1 out of it to my surround. Is there anyway to get pictures of the back of that unit???

Sure, just go to CablesToGo and enter Product #28731, here .

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPsharpshooter
Thanks for all the input fellas, Looks like Im gonna go with the 28731... Thanks JChin

Just ordered it for 35 bux... hard to beat that...
Great, please report back how it worked out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.