AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a house built and before the drywall went up my builder let me do some low voltage wiring. So I wired the whole house for cat6 ethernet and ran an HDMI line from the tv area to a closet under the stairs. Right now all I have is a direct tv box and a PS 3 so I have to point the remote behind me when I want to change the channel (wife said I look like a contortionist). I already have a yamaha reciever in mind, just need to go pick it up.

What I am looking for is input/suggestions/help on control methods and configurations. I ran these wires because I knew I would want to have this kind of set up, now all I need to do if figure out how to set it up.

thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Both of those are already RF, so you really don't have to do anything but enable RF on your DirecTV box and remote. PS3 is bluetooth, so no need to aim at that either. If your DirecTV remote isn't RF capable, you can get one for around $20.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, didnt know that, thanks. But I dont know if the reciever is RF and I also have an XBOX 360 sitting in that closet. I was looking for IR or RF unit that I could use to control them all...any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.