AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, after months of research I finally found out a Plasma TV would be the best tv for my needs. Now is a good time for me to get the 2009 models since many stores have them on clearance. However, I have a few options and very nit picky about it.

Samsung PN50B650 this tv really caught my eye with its image. The problem is that it's a hard tv to find. I went to ABC Warehouse and to my surprise they had it, but floor model only. The salesman told me he would sell it to me for $1070 with a 2 year warranty included, and he said it gets burn in or anything happens to it they will replace the TV no questions asked. But I wonder if this is the manufacturer warranty or ABC Warranty. I know the manufacturer does not cover burn in, and I also read very bad reviews about ABC warehouse's warranties. My friend went with me today and they could not show me how many hours were used on the TV, and he also was able to spot 2 dead pixels.

Samsung PN50B860-I also consider this model because it can be found around 1579, and maybe I can get it for less if I can talk the guy down. This picture is also amazing, but I am hearing bad things about the buzzing that comes with it. I don't want to spend a good amount of money for a TV that constantly buzzes. However, if I got this model it would be hooked up to a surround sound, which I do recall reading about that fixing it...

Panasonic S Series-Again at ABC Warehouse, when I asked about the Samsung B860 model he came out with this and said he had one in stock, and that it's in the box and ready to go. I do not know the specs of this tv, all I know is its 54" but the store did not have a model on display so I could not see the picture of this product. It was also very hard to find reviews about this S model online too.

The Last being an 08 Samsung Model-I do not know the exact number on it, but we watched this years Super Bowl on it. It has a nice picture, and the panel has just been replaced. The guy is selling it for $700, but it has a dead pixel in it, and it's red. I'm not sure if that will be noticeable or not.

I appreciate any help on this. I am looking for a 50" Plasma at a reasonable cost. I really do not want to go over $1300. So any help I would greatly appreciate. I also really like the Samsungs because of their swivel stand.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternekus /forum/post/18174370

Hello all, after months of research I finally found out a Plasma TV would be the best tv for my needs. Now is a good time for me to get the 2009 models since many stores have them on clearance. However, I have a few options and very nit picky about it....

I appreciate any help on this. I am looking for a 50" Plasma at a reasonable cost. I really do not want to go over $1300. So any help I would greatly appreciate. I also really like the Samsungs because of their swivel stand.

I've had the Sammy 650 50" for 2-months now and absolutely love it.

I'd personally stay away from dead pixels -- that's a warranty issue right off the bat. In addition, a salesperson could find out how to access the hours on any given TV if they really wanted to.

For what it's worth, I got a brand new 650 50" for around the price you were quoted for the used floor model.

A Sammy or Panny HDTV for the price you listed would most likely give you smiles for years to come. Keep in mind that if you DON'T have a professional calibrate your TV, you will find that the Sammies will be more user friendly in calibrating it yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheels1 /forum/post/18174447

For what it's worth, I got a brand new 650 50" for around the price you were quoted for the used floor model.

Wow! That sounds amazing to me that's definitely worth the price. What store did you go to?

·
Registered
119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternekus /forum/post/18174490

Wow! That sounds amazing to me that's definitely worth the price. What store did you go to?

Best Buy.

They were phasing them out and I got one of five left in the entire state.

You may want to try your local BB and ask them to do a search in their system...you never know....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts