AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I need help fast choosing a led or lcd. I need a tv with a good viewing angle. I am looking between a 40 to 42". I have seen a couple of them online.

1. Is last years Samsung ln40c650. Which panel number of this model has the good viewing angle?

2. Panasonic TC-L42D30. This one is the new one, with the IPS Alpha, edge lit.

If anybody can recommend others ones, let me know. I will be buying today or tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
It's well-known fact that Panasonics with the IPS panel have the best viewing angles although not always necessarily the best picture quality (good, just not the best).

Is the Samsung used, considering it's a 2010 model?

As for other choices, there are plenty of good ones available. Just look at ones in the stores in which you may be interested, see which catches your eye, and then come back with some specific questions. Knowing your budget, your viewing environment, and the types of programming you watch would also be very helpful.

Take your time, do your research, and you'll likely be happier with your choice than saying, "I need help fast."

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim
It's well-known fact that Panasonics with the IPS panel have the best viewing angles although not always necessarily the best picture quality (good, just not the best).

Is the Samsung used, considering it's a 2010 model?

As for other choices, there are plenty of good ones available. Just look at ones in the stores in which you may be interested, see which catches your eye, and theno come back with some specific questions. Knowing your budget, your viewing environment, and the types of programming you watch would also be very helpful.

Take your time, do your research, and you'll likely be happier with your choice than saying, "I need help fast."
The Samsung is new. Ok, i saw a Samsung UN40D6000 led today and it looked very good. What do you think about that one, compared to the Samsung LN40C650?

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Benign /forum/post/20890632

The LG 55LV9500 is ridiculous value for money. Glass front.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1350843

Vizio XVT3D554SV is as well a ridiculous value for the money... These models use LG parts, and have the same specs as the LG 9500 series, so the Vizio XVT series will be very similar to LGs...

I have the Vizio model i mentioned and I absolutely love it! Semi-gloss front... seems to use the same glare reduction film as some of the new plasmas... Shiny... but does not reflect as bad as plain glass.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJamaX /forum/post/20890852

Vizio XVT3D554SV is as well a ridiculous value for the money... These models use LG parts, and have the same specs as the LG 9500 series, so the Vizio XVT series will be very similar to LGs...

I have the Vizio model i mentioned and I absolutely love it! Semi-gloss front... seems to use the same glare reduction film as some of the new plasmas... Shiny... but does not reflect as bad as plain glass.

That's not entirely true. While the Vizios may use LG parts, they don't necessarily use the 9500's parts. For instance, the 55LV9500 is far thinner than the XVT3D554SV and has 288 dimming zones compared to the Vizio's 120. The 9500 also supports 3D with minimal effort.

Unfortunately the only retailer (HSN) is currently sold out so that doesn't help the OP at all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I ended up buying the Samsung UN46D6000. I went with the bigger size, because i got a great deal. This tv is beautiful. Black level very good, overall uniformity very good. Excellent colors, very saturated and off-angle is good also. Thanks for your inputs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.