AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I can swing the Marantz VP-12S2 for $ 12,500 with the new Mustang chip!

I think my decision is down to the Sharp DT-200 with a 100" 4:3 dalite screen for $ 3,750.00

or

A Sony VPLHS10 with a 100" 16:9 Stewart Firehawk screen for $ 4,750.00

The $ 1000 difference is in the Stewart screen.

The HT will be used 50% Sports viewing (NASCAR, NFL) & 50% DVD

Basement controllable light

I like the idea of buying a 16:9 screen and having that for the future

Thanks for your quick help!

My wife is loosing patience

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'd consider the Da-Lite grey screen for a few hundred before spending that much money on a Firehawk. I'm sure it's a fine screen, but for the price it's not necessarily the best match for a projector you can get for about $2,500.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
James, one question would be whether you can GET an HS10. Do you have someone with one in stock? Will they let you demo them for a day or 2? Not too many folks speak Sharp around these parts, mostly Sony, Panny and InFocus, so we may not be much help. What about the NEC HT1000, it goes for around $4500 or less I think.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your planned uses for NASCAR (Fox Widescreen), NFL (MNF in HD, NFC Fox in Widescreen, AFC one game a week in HD) indicate to me that you would be happiest with the HS10 and its 16x9 native aspect ratio.

Along with ssj2, I also question the Firehawk screen bang for the buck. My approach would be to save that Firehawk money for the next upgrade in a year or two and go with a DaLite-type solution.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by James R Seaq
I don't know Andrew the Sharp looks so good, but I don't like the 4:3

Jim
On DVD, it looked pretty good, except for the obvious lower resolution panel. On HDTV, I thought it just plain sucked. So as far as I am concerned, I would not own it.

Cheers

Andrew B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.