AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new HDTV about 3 days ago, and picked up a Zenith ZHDTV1 Silver Sensor for $40 @ Bestbuy last night. I can pick up channel 13 pretty well, but 2,4, and 5 drop out or don't even tune in. I was wondering if there was a better INDOOR antenna I could buy, or something to help my silver sensor get a better signal?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Try the RS 15-1880, I tried both of tem and stay with the RS 15-1880

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The Silver Sensor is UHF only (channels 14-83)...that's why you're having problems. Take the SS back and get your money back.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The SS is a UHF antenna. It was not designed to pick up channels below 14 but sometimes works with the higher VHF channels.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Hyper_Lite,

Zion the last city may be cute but it doesn't help us figure out what channels you are trying to get. You just listed 2,4,5 and 13 like they were what you were looking for and then you did a fictional remap example. What are the carrier and remap channels you are looking for? What is your distance and direction from what broadcasting towers? A zip code would be a great help.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I did some checking. In another post you said you had a Sony 5550 series 51" with a built in tuner. I'll guess you actually have a KDP51WS550 which has no built in ATSC tuner but only NTSC. If so, you cannot get digital TV signals without an external HD tuner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.