AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right spot. But here we go. I'm trying to help a friend. Here's the issue. He cannot get downloaded movies to play through his surround sound speakers. Not even in stereo. Downloaded tv shows work fine. They all come from the same source, stored in the same place. Even made sure both were avi's. Tv shows work, movies default to tv speakers.
The tv is a Panasonic viera.
When the "preview" screen, or little tiny view of the movie or show is on screen, both types play through the speakers. When making this full screen, the movie defaults to tv speakers, the tv shows keep the surround sound. Weird how they both work one way, but not the other. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
You said downloaded movies, read your post again.. cannot get "downloaded" movies to play
There are many internet sites that you can
Purchase movies and then download them.
Example-itunes! ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew this site was full of knowledgable people;) so does anyone have a solution to my problem? I'm thinking he may have his streaming source connected to his tv first, which then sends the signal to the reciever for audio. I'm thinking the tv doesn't process the audio so it reverts to stereo on it own speakers. Don't know I could be way off.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Nice to see not everyone is a troll btw
Yes, some jump to premature conclusions based on lack of info or over confidence know it alls.;)

I would call the download service and see what audio stream they are sending.
I would try downloading to a laptop with HDMI out to connect to the receiver and see if that helps.
And, go into the audio set up menue for the tv and see what are the options.

·
Registered
13,192 Posts
What source are you using to play the movies (i.e. thumb drive, external hard drive, streaming box, etc.)?

·
Registered
21,874 Posts
Does "your friend" have a access to the Internet?
It's probably better get the questions/problems answered if he/she addresses this directly rather than 3rd person volleys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts