AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried the codes in the URC manual and learning method to program the R-6 for the Dish Network 625 sat. box (DVR) without luck. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
To use the preset codes, the dish receiver has to be IR and set address/unit code #1. Dish receivers know upto 16 addresses, so one can have more then one receiver in a given room. But only address #1 is preset into universal remotes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund /forum/post/16934255

To use the preset codes, the dish receiver has to be IR and set address/unit code #1. Dish receivers know upto 16 addresses, so one can have more then one receiver in a given room. But only address #1 is preset into universal remotes.

****Thanks for your help....do I need to set the satelite box's remote control to address #1 or the satelite box itself to address #1?? I'm clueless... Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbf777 /forum/post/17059380

****Thanks for your help....do I need to set the satelite box's remote control to address #1 or the satelite box itself to address #1?? I'm clueless... Thanks for your patience.

Both, change just one and they will no longer will communicate with each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.