AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright at my work there is a huge shop area 80x50 foot room so its good sized with cement floors and drywall/block walls. the speakers we have are very bad and cause echos all the time and its hard to even hear what is going on. what is a good speaker for voice music that could be hung in the corners of this massive room and give good sound. price doesnt really matter. thanks!

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Siedell /forum/post/20881672

alright at my work there is a huge shop area 80x50 foot room so its good sized with cement floors and drywall/block walls. the speakers we have are very bad and cause echos all the time and its hard to even hear what is going on. what is a good speaker for voice music that could be hung in the corners of this massive room and give good sound. price doesnt really matter. thanks!

For that size room you need speakers with high sensitivity and high power handling, but that will not solve the echo problem. As others said the problem of echos is the room, not the speakers. All of the hard surfaces reflect the sound. For speakers, look at ones that use compression drivers. Your best bang for the buck would be pro audio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i know the room is the cause of the echo but that is why i was asking for types of speakers that could help limit that and give best quality for what we have to work with. thanks for the speaker suggestions!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Siedell /forum/post/20886045

yes i know the room is the cause of the echo but that is why i was asking for types of speakers that could help limit that

Speakers can't limit echo.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Siedell /forum/post/0

Call Danley Sound Labs. They are experts in this area and their speakers are world-class.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Siedell /forum/post/20886045

yes i know the room is the cause of the echo but that is why i was asking for types of speakers that could help limit that and give best quality for what we have to work with. thanks for the speaker suggestions!

Spend some money in treating the room acoustically. You could throw a $1,000,000 sound system in there and it will still sound like poo without proper room acoustic treatment.

Here's a couple sites that might help tame that nasty echo:
http://www.realtraps.com/
http://www.acoustimac.com/

Treat the room first then worry about getting speakers later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.