AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since iTech support can't seem to be able to help me (over a week now). I thought I would ask you guys to help me out. Normally, I would just be patient until there is a solution, but I need my disk space back!

I have learned my lesson not to use PVR anymore unless I have pretty much perfect reception. I used to just shrug my shoulders and reboot thinking it's okay when my machine would bluescreen or lockup during PVR usage. However, after several dozen crashes, I decided to stop using PVR altogether until it is more stable.

As a result of all of these crashes, I am stuck with over 65GB's of cryptic .adtv files in my "clips" directory/dedicated drive. However, I only have only about 40 mins of clips total listed in accessDTV.

Does anyone know an easy way to keep only the files accessDTV lists in its software and delete the rest?

It's hard to do much when all your HDTV files are named

{1a3daedf-ee58-4992-9902-3a23339eee05}.adtv or similar.

Any help would would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I've deleted zombied/orphaned files based on the date/time stamp. But only right after it happened. If you don't remember when they were created it might be tough. If you know the time / date of your 'good' captures, you could copy them to a new directory, verify they work, then nuke the others.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The orphaned files have been building up over time. I have no idea about dates and times they were orphaned.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.