AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the first time that i'm using these forums to ask for help regarding in getting a new hdtv. what are the best 50'' (or a little bit bigger than that) lcd 1080p hdtvs out there right now that are great fro video gaming purposes? i have a ps3 and wii.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You probably want to list your price range. And post it in the Display Devices section.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
hehe, yeah wrong area, but I can offer a few hints.

1st choice would be the Samsung 81 series LCD's: the Sammy's deep blacks are the only thing that competes with the Plasma's and it also has some of the latest tech like 120hz processing etc.

Beyond that you can go down a long list of competitors that offer different price and feature points, I like Sharp and Sony myself for LCD's, but there are plenty of good ones out there.

-Splints

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
aquos

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Westinghouse! :p

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
If you can find one, the Sony SXRDs offer an outstanding picture for a great price.

They handle motion better than any LCD I've seen, too. Note that they are projection sets though.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/14161526

If you can find one, the Sony SXRDs offer an outstanding picture for a great price.

They handle motion better than any LCD I've seen, too. Note that they are projection sets though.

^^ This. I have yet to see a picture that compares to my 60" SXRD XBR2. Rear projection sets are bulkier, but the deep blacks it has to deliver a picture with stunning "pop" is second to none IMHO.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Tvs are for the kids to watch cartoons on, you need a projector

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/14161724

^^ This. I have yet to see a picture that compares to my 60" SXRD XBR2. Rear projection sets are bulkier, but the deep blacks it has to deliver a picture with stunning "pop" is second to none IMHO.

Agree with Joe, I one upped him and have a 70" XBR2 and it's still one of the best pictures I've seen yet.

Unfortunately every time I move, I have to fit my apartment around my TV

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I agree about the projection units having a better picture. I had a killer Mitsu CRT RPTV, 1080i, but my house is far to small for it, so I sold it and got an LCD. I guess it all depends on what you have space for.

BUT - He did ask for an LCD, so I answered accordingly.

·
Registered
270 Posts
dude... i got a samsung ln46a750 and my gf has a sharp 82u... both sets are just amazing with the PS3 and 360.

i dont think u can go wrong with any nice lcd brand.

but, imo i definitly recomend the sammy,

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
These threads always crack me up because they may as well be a template.

1. Somebody asks what is the best LCD for them

2. Everybody rattles off what LCD they own and says it's the best (or why LCD's suck and they should get "X" which, by no small coincidence, is what said poster owns).

3. Rinse, repeat

Awesome.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Oh, avarice, you are so cynical

1 - 20 of 33 Posts