AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new HDTV about 3 days ago, and picked up a Zenith ZHDTV1 Silver Sensor for $40 @ Bestbuy last night. I can pick up channel 13 pretty well, but 2,4, and 5 drop out or don't even tune in. I was wondering if there was a better INDOOR antenna I could buy, or something to help my silver sensor get a better signal?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Go to the HDTV forums and I'm sure you will get a better response. Also, you should add your location to your profile. I would also specify what HDTV tuner you are using.

·
Registered
661 Posts
mosher has some good points. To get you started for now, though, I would recommend placing the Silver Sensor such that it is close to a window and points out the window toward the tower. Sometimes, wiring or whatever in the walls (or even the walls themselves in the case of brick walls) can hinder reception of this antenna. Also, you should chaeck with antennaweb.org to make sure all channels you are trying to pull in have 'yellow' designations - I wouldn't recommend this antenna with any designation worse than 'yellow'.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Silver Sensor is a "UHF" antenna, good for channels 13 to 83 (not sure of the top channel - my memory is unclear). Channels 2 - 12 are the "VHF" channels and need a different antenna. If you're close enough, rabbit ears would work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.