AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directv just installed a new 5LNB dish to enable me to receive local Hidef channels... which now renders my Zentith DTV1080 obsolete (unless you tell me I can get it updated to receive the 5 satellites).

The H20 STB that DirecTV is sending me does NOT have a male HD15 RGB output (as does my current Zenith), which is the option on my ROCK PRO.

The ROCK PRO uses a Male HD15 connector is expecting the VGA standard for RGBHV (I can provide the pin specifcs if needed).

My questions are (in order of my preferred solutions
:

1) Is there any way to update the Zenith DTV1080 to recognize the 5 sattelites?

2) Are there any STB's that would recognize the 5 sattelites and have either of the following

- A male HD15 connector carrying the RGBHV signal OR

- Separate R/G/B/H/V RCA or BNC connectors (I could then get a simple adapter)

3) Can anybody recommend a good quality reasonable priced Component to HD15 RGBHV converter.

Any other suggestions?

·
Banned
8,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash /forum/post/0

My questions are (in order of my preferred solutions
:

1) Is there any way to update the Zenith DTV1080 to recognize the 5 sattelites?

2) Are there any STB's that would recognize the 5 sattelites and have either of the following

- A male HD15 connector carrying the RGBHV signal OR

- Separate R/G/B/H/V RCA or BNC connectors (I could then get a simple adapter)

3) Can anybody recommend a good quality reasonable priced Component to HD15 RGBHV converter.

Any other suggestions?

1) No it will only recogonize the 3 and can be used for SD.

2) No - the H20 and HR20 are your only options.

3) Define Reasonable Priced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your speedy response!!

I've seen some units for > $300.... I would rather spend much less since to me it's really just a connection issue.... and all of this is simply to add 3 local channels to my current setup

Bottom line is I will need to spend whatever I have to, but would like to keep it to a minimum without compromising picture quality.

Just to be certain that I am clear in what it is I need.... it is a device that will take the YPbPr comonent output from the H20, and convert it to a HD15 Male connector with the following standard VGA pin settings:

Pin1 Red

Pin 2 Green

Pin 3 Blue

Pin 6 Red Ground

Pin 7 Green Ground

Pin 8 Blue Ground

Pin 13 H sync

Pin 14 V synv

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.