AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'm having a serious issue. My goal was to get my theater up and running on a fair budget and this is what I have:

Projector: Acer H5360 EY.K0701.020 DLP Projector .

A/V Receiver:Yamaha HTR5063BL 7.1 Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver

HTIB:philips Immersive Sound Home theater HTS5580W

Now my issue is the HTIB only has an HDMI output. It does have audios in through rca cables and coaxil cable. I'm trying to have sound run through my yamaha receiver into the HTIB speaker system. Can someone please explain how I should go about this? I've looked and looked and looked.

Please don't reply that I should just buy new speakers for the receiver or anything else along those lines. I'm trying to work with what I have to get sound flowing from my AV receiver into my HTIB Receiver/DVD player. If its not plausible then just say its not. I regret having gotten the HTIB but it is what it is at this point. My projector doesn't sned out sound like a tv so I have my Ps3,DVD player both running into the yamaha receiver through HDMI cables. I just need to know how to move that sound back through my HTIB dvd player/receiver.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts
It is unlikely that the HDMI output from the Philips has audio so there is no way to usefully connect it to the Yamaha. Also, the Philips speakers are probably best run directly from the Philips box.

I do not know why you bought the Yamaha because the Philips is a complete and self-contained system. Can you return it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could return the Yamaha. But my issue is how do I get the PS3 to run through the surround sound? Do you have any idea? It only provides 2 rca inputs a coaxil input and the rest are outputs. Not to mention it only has 1 HDMI output.

I understand you mean that the HDMI might not have sound whichis find I'm just trying to use it to send video to the receiver which it does and then sends that signal to the projector. What I'm trying to accomplish is sending a ps3 signal through hdmi into the receiver and somehow sending sound to the HTIB Phillips receiver which has audio inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts