AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to talking to a HT shop here locally about the Sony HS-10 and he said that the video quality was not that good and was steering me toward a Piano Plus. I have never really heard of this pj and didn't know much about it. Of course it comes out in the conversation that this shop is not a Sony rep, so my feeling is he is just trying to make a sell. Any input on the Piano Plus??

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's the "PLUS Piano," made by the Japanese company PLUS, which has a successful history of designing projectors for the business community.

It's a wonderful projector (I'm an owner, and biased), and has been discussed on this and the "DLP, LCD..." forum at mind-numbing length over the last year.

Do a search on both forums on "Piano," and be prepared to plow through tons of material.

There's also the Plus Piano website, which, among other things, has links to laudatory reviews:

PLUS Piano web page

Hope this at least gets you off to a start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

I have the Piano 3200 too. It is wonderful. I haven't seen the hs10, however, the price seems odd if it is actually better.

I woudl highly recommend buying a good screen with any dlp projector, including the piano. The screen I have is the Stewart firehawk and it is wonderful.. little expensive though.

Get a good dvd player like the Denon 1600 as well.

Charles

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the older Piano (3100), and its a great projector for what I paid for it ($1800). The picture is quite amazing.

But, I'd also check out the newest set of projectors out these days as some of the new LCDs and also the Infocus X1 seem to provide more bang for the buck (at least on paper). However, I'll vouch for the Piano as a great projector.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I notice you're in Monroe, Georgia. I'm in Greenville, South Carolina (two hours out of Atlanta). If you can't see a demo of the Piano, you would be welcome to visit and see mine (the 3100). I feel the picture is nearly comparable to that of projecters 3 and 4 times the price. A picture is worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Each PJ has its strenghts and weaknesses...and each owner has his/her requirements. The fun or should I should say the work involved here is to learn as much as possible about FPJ's by searching on this forum and matching up PJ features with your needs. The popular choices of PJ's discussed in these threads change several times a year...flavor of the quarter if you will. Other factors in your decision will rest on price, your viewing environment, and how much you want to actively indulge in this hobby. The best advice is to learn and then most importantly personally audition each PJ. The specs are just specs and sometimes misleading, but in the end it's what YOU like.

Like the majority of Piano owners...I too am biased toward my 3100. I've had mine about a year now and still very happy with its performance. IMHO, the Piano has excellent PQ out of the box, quiet & unobstrusive, and has been very reliable. Good hunting!

·
Registered
123 Posts
As another biased Piano owner, I add my name to the list of VERY happy and satisfied Piano boosters. Great right out of the box, better with every tweak and adjustment. Really can't get the value per dollar anywhere else, or for that matter, the picture quality at many times the price, IMHO. Good luck, happy hunting, search the Forum.

P.S. - Gene: I'll PM you soon concerning HTPC.

Jim S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.