AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I would like to buy a 150" 16:9 Vmax2 Maxwhite 1.1 gain for my JVC HD1 700 lumes. I used Calculator Pro on proj,central and it´s just one step from the green bright zone but still in the yelow zone (reduce your screen size or put higer gain on screen).

If I put 1.2 gain then it just enter in the green zone. I was thinking only in Vmax2 Elite screen cos of the price and ability here in Barcelona, Spain so i would like to know your sincerely opinion about if a 1.1 gain should be or not a problem. I can´t change anything, from the HD1, the zoom is at 2.0

Other option is to buy de 120" one and then i will be just in the middle of the green bright zone. How much important is in this case to be just on step before green or just in the middle.

Thank you a lot, really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by javisantana /forum/post/16988950

Please, if anybody can give me his opinion it will be very wellcomed cos i need to take a decision .

Thank you a lot

I don't think manufacturers' specs of 1.1 and 1.2 are going to be accurate enough that you can figure the 1.2 is going to give nine percent more gain than the 1.1.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Let me ask you what do you think i should buy, 120" with just the correct bright result or 150" wich just very very near to green but still in yelow zone.

Thanks u!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the lag on my response, i was on holidays. Thank you very much for your response.

I would like to ask you what screen you would recomend me for the HD1 if i want to get 150 inch or the most closer possible to 150.

I really appreciate your help!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by javisantana /forum/post/17108848

I would like to ask you what screen you would recomend me for the HD1 if i want to get 150 inch or the most closer possible to 150.

With a screen that large, a gain of 2.0 would be advisable. If you can mount your HD1 down low near eye level, the Da-Lite High Power would do the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.