Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm pretty new to this forum as well as the the whole AV scene. I've recently decided to purchase a HD widescreen TV to go with my new house, but there's a heck of a lot of information out there. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers on where to go to get my feet wet. I've listed off some ideas below to give you a rough idea of what I'm looking at getting.

1. 42 in DLP (better contrast than LCD from what I've seen)

a: Primary uses are movies, TV, and I'm hoping to hook up my pc for some widescreen gaming. :D

2. Decent sound system to get me started (nothing fancy. That'll come later)

Like I said, any advice would be greatly appreciated since I'm at a loss on where to start.

ShadowsHawk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Samsung and Mitsubishi DLP models garner the most laurels, I think, but I've heard good things about Toshiba as well.

The problem with Samsung DLPs is that they tend to suffer video game lag (a delay between controller inputs and the corresponding action on the TV screen) worse than other DLPs (particularly for 480i sources, such as most PS2 games and a majority of Gamecube games).

You can get quite a good bit of technology info and TV reviews over at CNET.

Another thing with DLPs -- newer isn't always better. In some cases last year's model of a TV allegedly uses a better DLP chip (HD2+) than this year's model of a TV (HD4).

From what I've heard, you want to seek out a DLP that uses the HD2+ technology.

I'm a noob myself, so that's about all I can offer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.