AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Sony 51" 16:9 HDTV and now im looking to get local HD signals, I live in SLC Utah. I live in an apartment on the 2nd floor (There's a lot of buildings in this area). I need a great antenna to get a signal, what should I buy? I have no clue.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to buy a Zenith ZHDTV1 UHF antenna, but was wondering is Coxial can support high data transmission, or do I need to convert it to Component?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
We have no idea what equipment you are talking about since you have only mentioned an antenna. Coax is any cable with a center conductor and an outer ground sheath. A component connection is 3 coaxial 75 Ohm cables that connect an external source device like an HD tuner or a DVD player to a TV. A component, IEEE1394 or DVI connection is required to handle High Definition signals from an HD set top box, STB, to an HD ready TV. An antenna to tuner connection is a single coaxial cable. The one that comes with the antenna is fine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hyper_Lite...

You will be fine using a coxial cable coming off your antenna and running it to you HDTV tuner/tv. Any antenna that gives you a good picture on your old non HDTV set will work nicely with your new system, no worries.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.