AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally, I'd like:

-a high contrast ratio (10000:1 or 15000:1)

-Really good color (I noticed the cheaper brands all look kind of faded)

-No larger than a 42"...the room I'm getting it for is my living room, but it's kind of small. (37"-40" would be perfect)

-Whatever else will make the picture look phenomenal

-It doesn't have to be 1080p, since I'm sure I will get a new tv before broadcasting is switched to 1080p!

-I've been looking at Samsung and Sharp mainly...Sony's picture doesn't seem to be as clear as either of the two. But on the flip side, I have heard of issues with both Samsung and Sharp. I heard Sammys have been having technical issues and that Sharp TVs were outsourced and "cheap" (at least the smaller, more recent models)?

I want it mainly for movies and TV--no gaming will be done using this TV. I also have a home theater system to hook up to it, but I will eventually get a HD-DVD to replace the DVD player.

My budget is around $1200-1400...I could spend more if it is an amazing TV. Are there any sets I should definitely take a look at or definitely stay away from? I saw the Samsung 4065f and was very impressed, but wonder if it has any technical issues that would make me steer away from it. I was also impressed by the smaller Sharp--the 32D62u, but I didn't get a chance to see the larger 42D62U. I would REALLY appreciate some help! It's my first HD tv and I'm pretty new to all of this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I recommend reading the owners threads for the 2 makes and model numbers that you are interested in and then figure out which draw backs you can live with.

They all have issues, but which issues are not issues for you.

Snorf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.