AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both of these receivers, and I need to choose one. I just bought the HK AVR 435 today on Craigslist for $200.00. 6 months ago, I purchased the Pioneer VSX 1014TX for $200.00 as well. I like the THX surround EX select mode on the Pioneer, and it boasts 110w x 7 channels, and is currently powering 7 JBL HLS series speakers (HLS 820 towers, 610s, 810s, an HLS center, and two Yamaha subs that can reach 20hz.) However, I've always heard that HK makes a mean receiver, and now I own one, but it's rated at only 65w x 7. I've also heard that HK's watts have more power in their punch than most receivers. I've also noticed the Pioneer at low volumes doesn't output accurately (the center channel is hard to hear at times). My question is, which one is better for home theater? This is my first post, and and any help/knowledge is greatly appreciated, thanks.

P.S. doing a Google search, (which eventually brought me to this website) I heard the 1014TX had a cult following on this site haha.

I'm leaning towards the Pioneer, as I haven't heard back from any of you experts. Here's a link to the CL page: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/991102445.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts