AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to change my panny's service menu settings to the ones posted in the main panasonic thread but every time I exit, the settings reset. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiken910 /forum/post/15591152

I'm trying to change my panny's service menu settings to the ones posted in the main panasonic thread but every time I exit, the settings reset. What am I doing wrong?

Just my 2 cents but using their SM settings is going to net you worse results than leaving it alone. PZ800 are somewhat accurate out of the box from what I understand. Why would you wanna muck with it.

But I don't know the actual answer to your question.

C.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Caution! Use great care when in the service menu. Write down all the factory settings in the service menu before you change them.

That being said, there is an option on the gray scale adjustments screen to press "OK" on the remote for WB Offset Differences. Even though this is not even mentioned in the service manual (which I do have), I have found that pressing this for each setting you change seems to store it to memory.

I agree with the above poster that someone elses grayscale setting are not going to be as precise as having your own calibration done. Someone others settings may improve your grayscale, but one number change in the service menu does usually produce measurable differences.

My 50PZ800U measured too warm in the THX setting and warm color temperature. In the 5900 to 6100 color temperature range. This can be greatly improved with proper calibration.

Enjoy your set!

Duke

·
Registered
736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrduke /forum/post/15593834

Caution! Use great care when in the service menu. Write down all the factory settings in the service menu before you change them.

That being said, there is an option on the gray scale adjustments screen to press "OK" on the remote for WB Offset Differences. Even though this is not even mentioned in the service manual (which I do have), I have found that pressing this for each setting you change seems to store it to memory.

I agree with the above poster that someone elses grayscale setting are not going to be as precise as having your own calibration done. Someone others settings may improve your grayscale, but one number change in the service menu does usually produce measurable differences.

My 50PZ800U measured too warm in the THX setting and warm color temperature. In the 5900 to 6100 color temperature range. This can be greatly improved with proper calibration.

Enjoy your set!

Duke

My 800U's greyscale was off by 1000K!(THX-warm)

Here's my ISF calibration report(click on each thumbnail, then click on the magnifying glass icon to veiw a clearer/larger picture):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2213859...7612063712960/

It was calibrated in Custom mode which resulted in a very nice 37.72ftL Peak White...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the 800U comments. Quick Q from new member. How do you stop the TV from refreshing every 5 minute? I just got mine and it won't stop resetting. Someone told me the TV is in store mode and I need to get out of it. Ideas? Thx.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag5 /forum/post/15952323

Thanks for the 800U comments. Quick Q from new member. How do you stop the TV from refreshing every 5 minute? I just got mine and it won't stop resetting. Someone told me the TV is in store mode and I need to get out of it. Ideas? Thx.

I respond at your other post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts