AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'd love to help, but we need a few more facts, like: What's your budget, what size TV are you looking for, and what sources will you be running on it.

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

·
Registered
63 Posts
Vic I would like to spend $3,000 or less, I would like a wide screen. I would of course like to buy the RCA F38310, but I have read so many 'bad' reports about it. There is a dealer with in 4 miles, that my family has bought off of. Year after years when ever they needed a RCA.

I am running a webtv browser, and a non-progressive DVD player.

In about two years I would like to buy a computer and get a HTPC together. BTW the 2000 year TV I am donating, is a RCA 32 inch. My parent and I are going to look at some models on Friday.

Hopefully I will be able to fulfill the teams request ASAP, and my own for the next several years. I will be checking at all mail received from AVS forum to hpefully see my answer. It's too bad Sony doesn't have a 38 inch W/S TV. With my present TV I get a

25½" wide screen. A 36" would give me 4 inches higher and wider.

I watch my wide screen movies in the dark, so I don't see the bars.

I had a topic on HTPC, most all of the kind posters had said you had better get a HDTV. They said to get a better Computer screen you need HDTV.

Vic my choices as of right now are a Panasonic CT-D11 36" w/component input analog, 36" Sony Wega 'flat' screen analog, or the above mentioned RCA F38310.

I have spent a number of my vacation days, going over all the companies I could think of. This project of giving the 'team' the big screen they need, presently they have a 19". IMHO it's too 'tiny' for the children, to be able to read the text on!

For me I feel that it's worth my vacation, and my time, to give what the children need most. O/T I did purchase that "We Are The World" video. In a singe all night session a video was produced and recorded from various types of singers.

Now I have my chance. I believe in fate. The children of the world, all need instruction. I heard it mentioned, that was all I needed to hear. For this man would like to start the mellenium right. Getting a child or children what they need, is at the 'zenith' in my mind.

------------------

"smiles are contagious, be a carrier" :) Tony

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guys I already promised my present TV to my church for their hall.

They would like to show children instructional videos, for what is good or what not to do! I have been hitting on most of the topics on AVS all morning.

I just don't know what to buy, and I must buy a TV set very soon, I can't let those children down. The instructional video team for children, needs a big screen TV real soon!

Please help me choose the right TV, I want to stay on webtv for a while yet. I just bought it in March of this year. I know now I have to buy a direct view, not a projection because of the 'burn in' effect for a future computer.

I also can't afford a projecter, that type of money is out of my league. I average about 4 hours a day on the net.

One of those children just might find, the cure for a world wide plague. The last plague we had killed 17 million plus, In the early years of the 20th century.

I am just not the type of man, that can let my God and my church down. Especially when it comes to children, our most valuable 'gift'. I have said my prayers that one of you will be able to give me the right answer.

The sooner the children see those educational videos, the better I will feel. I believe that most of AVS 'fathers' and 'mothers' would like their children to see them also.

To me this contribution to my/your Church or community, IMHO it would be good for the soul. It's high time that we start to 'think' of our children. Especially in this new millenium. Thank you in advance. :)

------------------

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have just bought a New RCA F38310, I have notified my church. They can get in touch with the community team, who handles the childrens instructional videos. That they can come and pick up their 2000 model 32 inch TV with Glass enclosed metal stand scratch free.

My donation for the children of the 21st century and years beyond.

I have asked that it 'not' be published in the church bulletin.

I need no recognition, for he is all knowing. My God doesn't need to have to read the Sunday bulletin.

I received my communion from my favorite priest Father Joe. Father Joe was born in the country of India, of Indian origin. Earlier this year he became a US Citazen. He was pleased with his favorite e-mail buddy, that I had a heart of Gold.

To open my heart to all children 'not' only catholic children. This a community chapter running for all of the areas children, not only catholic children.

A 2000 32 inch TV with stereo speakers and closed captioning. What children have to know and what they should avoid for the 'door' swings both ways.

I also furnished a diagram of how they could hook up their computer to this TV via S-video hookup. Thanks to one of the AVS forum members links, I found and printed it up for easy hookup. Thank you for your prayers.

------------------

·
Registered
63 Posts
dcarl 'Zenith' is a term for saying, it's the utmost top. Whether your talking rockets or caring about that some children get what size TV they need. I used up 3 of my vacation days scouring for a new TV for my own, also for the children to get a 32 inch big screen TV with closed captioning.

Want proof dcarl, look up the word in the dictionary. I certainly am not the smartest man in the world. I do know how to use the word zenith, other than the TV manufacturers name that your familiar with.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.