AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I usually post on DVD hardware, software, Direct TV. I am crippled, my 100 year old table that is holding all of my components is not going to last forever.

I have about $18,000 in all units, including software, minus cables 'all' are better cables Silver Serpents.

I live near Allentown, PA 18 miles, and 7 miles from small city Easton, PA which is on the state line of PA/NJ, Easton Zip code is 18042 ours is 18045.

Money no problem, I need expert help to put the rack chosen, together and all components put into the rack with all wire and cable connections hooked up also.

Space I have to work with 36 to maximum 40 inches wide by 28 or a bit more inches depth. Rack must be angled facing my day chair for I/R remotes to work. I live in a small disabled apartment. Rack would be next to 1 year old RCA F-38310 (16 X 9) HDTV on left and in wall Air Conditioner to the right.

Rack can't be anchored as the management gets very uptight, when you even mention the word 'wall'!

What would be your best advice to fellow AVS forum member, that help's support AVS forum by buying sponsers products. I joined last July learned as much as I could. I am on the advice giving list now with many positive results from other members. I got crippled on the job in Tractor Trailer Driving, career ending road accident in June of 1985--17 years ago. Thanks In Advance :)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Hi-

did you buy the rack.......

tommy

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't done anything yet I was hoping a AVS member would help not just a cripple, but a fellow member of this forum.

I have done a few searchs, but I have never had a rack of audio and video components before.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
No I haven't done anything yet I was hoping a AVS member would help not just a cripple, but a fellow member of this forum.

I have done a few searchs, but I have never had a rack of audio and video components before.
start here,

www.sanus.com

and here,

www.electroshops.com

tommy

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tommy thanks for the URL tour of racks other than the 5 shelves I needed. I seen 4 and 3 and wide sheleves to fit 6, but I don't have the room. Have a nice rest of your able holiday. I'm going to go surfing for some help in my yellow pages. CYA :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow Patrick, it looks really elegant - are the shelves made of glass? I'd think it would look just as amazing if the 'poles' were made of metal - frosted aluminium - yummm!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks. Yes the shelves are 3/8" tempered glass. The construction is brushed aluminum pipe with polished cherry laminate on the front. The cable management system is diamond-meshed aluminum which gives it a kind of industrial look.

My wife is the one who really loves it, which I think is cool.

Bob,

You can find lots of these at:

http://www.yawaonline.com/audiotower.html

I was lucky and picked mine up at a damaged freight auction for next to nothing (I had to have some of the glass shelves copied for it). If you look around, though, you should be able to find something like this for a reasonable cost.

pc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.