AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not really HDTV but, I just visited the Nobody Beats The Wiz on Long Island and played with the new digital cable. I would like to find out if these features exist on any other digital cable systems.

They had Movies on Demand. You could instantly play, pause, RR, FF, about 150 movies. A lot were free, and then some new releases were $4. They also had HBO. and a few other channels on demand as well. HBO had every episode of every series they have for instant play for free. I played a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode (I am trying to curb mine right now!)

They also had MSG game director. (Cablevision owns MSG). You could watch the Knicks or Rangers from 6 different camers angles that you chose.

They also had email, and Magazine Rack (15 series a month about cars, photo, etc. on demand).

The sales guy also told me that you could recieve 3 channels of HDTV over the cable system. This is seperate from digital cable. You have to split the signal, then run it into your own HDTV reciever. There is HBO, Fox Sports, and MSG. All the over the air ones are not showing b/c of the WTC. Is New York not able to see any network Hi-Def anymore, b/c of the WTC? Time Warner is supposed to have 9 Hi-Def channels over cable right now.

PS- the digital cable box (made by Sony) did not have any Hi-Def outputs on the back- just RF. composite, and S-video

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.