AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten a reliable way to get the I/O Magic PC-PVR Tuner/Capture card to work with Windows XP? I followed all the instructions I have been able to find at the I/O Magic web site, and even downloaded a generic driver for the card. I have been unable to get this card to work under XP. Granted, the card only cost me $40 over a year ago, but I was really hoping to start using it again.

I want to do both viewing and recording of analog cable, and then burn Video CDs. This shouldn't be that hard, but I'm stumped. If you know how to make this work, please share the secret. :)

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
602 Posts
I can't confirm the recording but I can confirm I have been using the card under XP for nearly a year now. I have been using Dscaler for TV viewing. The XP drivers on their web site should work just fine, they did for me. Unless something has changed?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wasn't able to use my I/O Magic card with XP for quite awhile. I was frustrated, and couldn't find answers. Then I discovered I had to "Add" the channels. Duh, but then again, how was I suposed to know? Read the directions, you say? OK, I'm humbled.....

I recall the I/O Magic software being completely useless. The card did work with DScaler.

I don't use the card anymore. The picture was too soft for my liking. I sprung for a DVDO I-Scan, which gives a much nicer image. I have been told a Crystal Image Scaler would be an even better improvement than the I-Scan.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the drivers on the IOMagic site and the btwincap drivers. I really want the PVR functionality to make VCDs for the kids. The soft picture isn't really a problem. I'm being cheap here. :)

Maybe the problem isn't the drivers, but the selections you have to make to get the card set up. You have to select the card type (auto-selected to Pinnacle PCTV) and the tuner chip (no clue).

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another possibility would be a suggestion for a decent PVR solution that I can use to make VCDs (or even DVDs) for around $50???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.