AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all


i really need to know what subwoofer should i go with


room size 4mx2.5m use 100% music hiphop,rock,trance,techno


i have to options


polk audio psw125 12" subwoofer


or


cerwin vega xls 12s 12" subwoofer
 

·
Writer & Reviewer
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
The XLS 12S lists it's -3dB point as an embarrassing 43Hz, so based solely upon that the 32Hz of the PSW125 is the clear "winner". Neither seems particularly impressive though. Why just those two? Why not look at other subs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
I'm not familiar whit the type of music the OP plans to use this sub with but wouldn't you say Jim that for music only, it would be sufficient? at least the Polk?


If it's only between those 2, I'd take the Polk. It's seems better on paper and Polk's amps are known to be generally reliable, good fit and finish and very good customer service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22219667


The XLS 12S lists it's -3dB point as an embarrassing 43Hz, so based solely upon that the 32Hz of the PSW125 is the clear "winner". Neither seems particularly impressive though. Why just those two? Why not look at other subs?

Probably because he is in Israel and having problems with sub choices .
 

·
Writer & Reviewer
Joined
·
8,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22219965


I'm not familiar whit the type of music the OP plans to use this sub with but wouldn't you say Jim that for music only, it would be sufficient?

I have my doubts. The type of music he listens to is all very bass heavy -- think Bass I Love You which, in essence, is techno -- so unless he can get a sub that plays low and loud it might not be suitable. Because of the room size loud may not be an issue, but I suspect either of the two subs he's looking at won't be able to handle the low part with sufficient authority.
 

·
Writer & Reviewer
Joined
·
8,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22220316


Probably because he is in Israel and having problems with sub choices .

Thanks, I didn't see that other post. It appears to have died rather unceremoniously, so I can see why he's asking again.


Yet another reason I'm glad to live in the USA; I have access to all the good stuff. It's hard for me to fathom being someplace where that's not the case. I really feel for those folks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22220316

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22219667


The XLS 12S lists it's -3dB point as an embarrassing 43Hz, so based solely upon that the 32Hz of the PSW125 is the clear "winner". Neither seems particularly impressive though. Why just those two? Why not look at other subs?

Probably because he is in Israel and having problems with sub choices .

Some memory you've got there
 

·
Writer & Reviewer
Joined
·
8,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22220581


^^^^

I see. I have no clue what "trance" is. I'll have to expand my horizons beyond In Flames, Slipknot and others...

Actually, the only reason I know about it is because of the subwoofer reviews I do. A lot of that "music" has really brutal bass, so I've grown accustom to using it to try and spot port chuffing, driver bottoming, weak cabinets, etc. Some of it is simply merciless on your sub.
 

·
Writer & Reviewer
Joined
·
8,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22220587


Some memory you've got there

Guess I'm having issues with comprehension as well, because I'm lost on what you're trying to say.
What I was referring to was Charlie's link to the OP's Israel thread - that one I had never seen. What were you referring to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys its psw125 is more cheap than cerwin vega xls 12s


and xls 12s gets lower than psw125 isnt that would make it better?


and here is all the subs i can choose from


CHT10 Velodyne

RW8 Klipsch

Synergy Sub 10 Klipsch

NILES SW10

Concept SUB Dali

CLS12SX Cerwin Vega

xls 12s

CHORUS SW700v JMlab/Focal

ASW608 B&W

BIC America Formula Series F-12

JBL ES150P (or ES250P)
 

·
Writer & Reviewer
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
BIC F12 or JBL ES250P would be my choices from that list. Since you have access to BIC products, can you get the PL-200?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22220587


Some memory you've got there

He also posted some in the speaker forum. I remembered the user name
 

·
Writer & Reviewer
Joined
·
8,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waheeb512  /t/1420241/i-really-need-this-help-polks-psw125-vs-cerwin-vega-xls-12s#post_22221310


see this i really think i can get all subs are here
http://www.zap.co.il/models.aspx?sog=e-speaker&filter=484259&keyword=%d7%a1%d7%90%d7%91

That words look like upside down and backwards hieroglyphics to me, so unfortunately I can't help you go through that list.


Interesting to see a company named America Acoustics in Israel, but seemingly not in America.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top