AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my DST3000 from video only, and After school I am running up to the rat shack for a bowtie antenna, then going to work. I am getting off at 10:00 and coming straight home to try and get Leno in HD. What do I need to do to make this happen? If somone could walk me through it, It would be great. Thanks for all of your help, and Please Help!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello fellow Clevelander. I just got my DST3000 from Video Only last Thursday. I don't know how far you are from the broadcast towers, they are located in Parma, but you will probably need some sort of uhf antenna too. NBC-2 and CBS-10 are vhf and the double bow tie is a uhf only antenna. You should have no problem getting ABC-15 and FOX-31 with that antenna. I have read that someone used that antenna in Twinsburg and was getting CBS without any problem, but he couldn't get NBC-2 (which is where Leno will be found.)I've been getting the Detroit stations lately. I live off the lake in Willoughby. I believe their NBC station is actually uhf. I tried a bunch of antennas. I had the ATV-100 amplified VHF/UHF/FM antenna from rat shack also, but I found that a Terk 20 got better reception.

You may have all kinds of problems getting reception, depending on where you live. I had to run a coax up to my 2nd story window that faces Parma to get the VHF channels. Make sure you have all the necessary equipment.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.