AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently hooked up an i scan ultra to my Sony KP65 ws500 and was disappointed as I couldn't discern any noticeable improvment in the picture.

I receive my signal via TW with a SA3100hd box.

Anyone have good results with this product?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello, I am new to the board but have read your post a few times while 'lurking'... Actually, I have owned this unit for about a year primarily for use with my LD player (Pioneer 'D704 )and have been very happy with it. Previously I had owned the original iScan and then upgraded to the "Ultra". The monitor is an RCA F38310 (w/ no problems as of yet...).

I do have a progressive scan DVD player but have the Ultra connected (S-Vid) to convert the signal INTO progrssive scan as a 'self-contained' comparison, so to speak.

This is just my take on it...

-Sam

BTW, nice to meet you

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was very disappointedas I wanted to improve my standard broadcast picture. Unfortunately both the standard broadcast and DVD pictures were better without the i scan than they were with it. Perhaps I had a bad unit but I will never know as I'm sending it back tomorrow.

Welcome aboard. This forum is a wealth of info. I don't post much but Iread it and LEARN every day.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to make some adjustments but they didn't seem to have any effect. I did speak with the folks at DVDO regarding the problem but they didn't have any suggestions. I was running the pq into my 65" Sony via the HDI connection so that may be a problem. The picture from my cable box and from my DVD were dramatically poorer utilizing the i scan than without. Perhaps the unit was not working properly but I followed all instructions but still a poor picture. The accepted the item back with no question and poromptly issued a refund.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.