AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like an idiot I sent my remote (along with everyting else) back to Replay when my machine broke. When I got a new maching back it didn't come with anything other then the Replay unit it's self (4508). Now I have a until that works only I can't even set it up since I don't have a remote. When I called the support number they told me that they don't have any more 4500 series remotes left. They said they would try to send me something but it seemed like it would take a while.

Does anyone know how I can quickly obtain another remote? I would be happy to buy someone's extra remote if they have one. Or failing that, is there any way to set the unit up without a remote? I'm going nuts without my Replay and new television season has already started. My though is that if I can at least get the unit set up it can start recording. And no, I don't know anyone around me with a Replay TV.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have an extra. PM me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got off the phone with Replay and it looks like they have already shipped the kit to me, I should be receiving it tomorrow. For some reason it wasn't in their system and I had to track down the person who originally put the request in to find this out. Only one more day of wathing TV the old way.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
It sounds like you've got a replacement coming, but just for future reference, you could have run down to Radio Shack and picked up a 15-2116 remote (for $30) or to Walmart and picked up the One For All URC-8810w (for $20) or Circuit City and got the One For All URC-6131 (for $18).

With any of those remotes, you could have programmed the VCR/0616 Replay code, then used the advanced codes listed on my site to program any missing buttons, and had that Replay box programmed in no time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.